All of your teeth work together so you can eat, speak, and smile comfortably, so we want to keep them healthy and intact for as long as possible. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, a situation may arise where the safest and healthiest solution is to remove a tooth.
Trust an Experienced Team
Dr. Russell Mann and his team have decades of experience in helping our patients enjoy the best that dentistry has to offer. If we determine that extraction is in your best interest, we will answer all your questions and explain why the procedure is necessary and how it will benefit you.
We want you to have a comfortable experience, and our caring team is here for you with a gentle word and a hand to hold if you need one. If you need a little more help to relax, we can talk to you about our state-of-the-art sedation options.
When Extraction Is Necessary
Teeth that are unrestorable need to be removed to prevent painful conditions and protect your ongoing oral health. Some situations where Dr. Mann recommends extraction are:
- Extensive tooth decay
- Advanced periodontal disease
- Tooth fractures below the gum line
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Dental trauma or injury
We may also recommend removing teeth in preparation for dentures or orthodontics.
We Offer Stress-Free Extractions
Facing an extraction can be stressful even when you understand why it’s necessary. For this reason, we offer many ways to ensure that your procedure is efficient and comfortable.
- State-of-the-art technology – We use technology in every area of dentistry, and it’s especially helpful for planning procedures like extractions for efficient treatment and the best possible outcomes.
- Sedation dentistry – Today we can eliminate your stress during extractions with sedation options like mild nitrous oxide that produces a euphoric state that lasts for the duration of the procedure. Oral sedation and intravenous (IV) sedation are options to consider if you need a deeper level than nitrous oxide provides.
- Professional surgical suite – Not many general dentists offer an on-site surgical suite for procedures like implant placement and extractions. But at Mann Family Dental, we know you would rather have a team of familiar professionals taking care of all your family’s oral health needs, and with our surgical suite, we rarely need to refer patients out for treatment.
- Emergency extraction – It’s best if we can plan your procedure ahead of time, but we don’t always have that luxury. If necessary, we are available to perform emergency extractions to relieve your pain and protect your oral health.
- Comforting amenities – Everyone appreciates a little pampering, so we offer blankets, soundproof headphones, and your choice of music on Pandora to help you relax.
Please Call to Arrange an Appointment
If you are looking for a Manchester dentist, you will find that the team at Mann Family Dental works together seamlessly to ensure that all your appointments are comfortable and stress-free regardless of the treatment you receive. Please call us today to arrange an appointment with Dr. Mann.